Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Really Awesome Book!! (No, really...)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012



I just finished reading The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney.  Now, I was assigned this book to read to prepare for Battle of the Books, so I didn't choose it on my own.  This is  usually not the best way to approach a book but I was game.  I should say, right off the bat, that I usually do not like scary books or movies..AT ALL.  Basically, I am a wimp.
I thought this would definitely not be the book for me but I was totally wrong.  I couldn't put it down and can hardly wait to read the other books in the series!

The book is about Tom, who is the last in a long line of apprentices to Mr Gregory the county's "spook".  It is his job to assist Mr Gregory in ridding the county of witches, ghosts, boggarts and the like.  Tom is NOT happy about this but he makes the best of it.  The book is just scary enough to keep you turning the pages, but not so scary that it gives you nightmares.  Even wimps like me should enjoy it!!

There is also a great website that gives more info on the series:
http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/kids/gamesandcontests/features/lastapprentice/book1.aspx

And there is also a Last Apprentice Wiki:
http://thelastapprentice.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Apprentice_Wiki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates. Distributed by Deluxe Templates